One of the BEST things about my life right now is that I have time to try and grow things! Josh, being the sweet man he is, made me some awesome planters. And now that we have had some nice weather, things are really happening!
 |
| This is one of the planters he made out of two glass cabinet doors from the ReStore, Pretty clever I'd say. |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| The same planter right after planting with brussel sprouts, arugula, and green onions. Note the cute pink crocs. | | | | | | | | | | |
 |
| A cedar planter Josh built me with two bell peppers and carrots coming up. |
 |
| Another cedar planter...this one has strawberries in it and sweet peas that I want to climb up the fence. The colander on the left is full of kale and the mailbox on the left is snow peas. |
 |
| This is my tiny garden patch of broccoli, cauliflower, and onions. In the background are some of my dahlias! |
 |
| This is my planter on the front porch, taken last week. |
 |
| My honeysuckle is blooming. I love this. |
 |
| Salad greens...YUM |
And most fun of all...I planted 22 dahlias this year! Every day I check them to see if any new ones are coming up. Four of them have been dug up by evil little critters and I did my best to replant them. So. Much. Drama. So far nine have sprouted and I planted them the first weekend in May.
All of this provides hours of entertainment for me during all the long summer days when I become a harvest widow! Also Wesley likes eating plants...I try to accommodate him. I find seedlings out of my extra flats all over the yard. At least he stopped trying to pull out my broccoli plants...
Wow, look at you go, Lady! I'm impressed!
ReplyDelete