Meet Wesley, the newest member of the Hurst family!
Wesley is a cute little 10 week old Cavapoo. His mom is a true cavapoo (half Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and half toy poodle), and his dad is a pure-bred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He is such a sweet, cuddly little guy and loves to play. We had no choice but to take him home with us because when we went to go look at puppies he left his brothers and sisters and ran right up to greet us.
At first it was a little scary for him to leave the pen where he was born and to have his own "huge" house to run around in, but he is doing great and is starting to figure things out. We were shocked and amazed to find out that he is already house trained! He is really smart and is getting used to going outside on his leash too. When he gets tired he loves to crawl up on our shoulders to sleep. Mya is not quite sure what to think of him yet but she has been very gracious of his puppy energy spurts and they have started to play together a little.
Wesley had a rough time last night when we put him in his crate and went to bed. He howled and cried and I finally got up and brought him to bed with me. Not good. We felt so bad though! After he fell asleep I put him back in his crate and he kept sleeping all night until four thirty, when he woke us up again by howling and yipping. Everyone knows that I'm mean when I get woken up, so I left him there until 6 am when Josh finally couldn't take it anymore and put him in the bed with me. If I hate being woken up, I hate being woken up even more early in the morning, but Wesley was so excited to finally be free that he attacked my face and made more sleep basically impossible. It is a good thing he is so cute! I am in love - he is the perfect addition to our family.
 |
| Josh might call him a "little girly dog" but I think it's obvious that they already have a special bond! |
 |
| Josh finally met something that can fall asleep faster than he can! |
 |
| Wesley has discovered that Josh makes an excellent pillow. |
|
|
|
 |
| Cuddle monster. |
 |
| He loves to bounce around on Mya's bed - she is reluctantly sharing. |
 |
| Early this morning after waking us up and taking over our bed. |
 |
| Tired, because he barked half the night! |
 |
| How can you not love that face? |
No comments:
Post a Comment