Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Resolutions

I've been slacking a little on my blogs this year, so here's a quick update on the status of our New Year's Resolutions:

Mine is to read the Bible in one year.  This is actually going great...I have an app on my phone with different reading plans on it that tracks your progress for you so I can read on my phone whenever I have a minute.  It's the same kind of plan as the One Year Bible where you start with Genesis, Matthew, Psalms, and Proverbs.  I've really been enjoying reading Genesis, which surprised me because I always liked reading the New Testament the best growing up.  It's interesting how different parts of the Bible strike you each time you read it.

Josh doesn't have a resolution, which is okay with me because he faithfully does the dishes every night. =)

Wesley says that his resolution is not to have accidents on the rug.  He is doing pretty good at this because we put up a tricky little fence that keeps him where we want him.
However, he has decided that he is too smart for us and he will pee on his dog bed instead.  Pretty smart, right?  This is a new development so we haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Mya's resolution is to be more civilized.  She is working on playing nicely with Wesley and letting Josh give her baths.  She had her first bath this weekend, which she didn't enjoy AT ALL. She looked very pretty afterward though.


Isn't she beautiful?
We have also been taking the dogs to different parks on the weekends for walks and to get Wesley used to other dogs and walking on his leash.  They are both pretty impressive...the bonus is that they get all tired out and don't do THIS:




I think we're getting somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment