Monday, January 23, 2012

Happiness...

....is a CLEEAAN house.  I spent all day Saturday cleaning and organizing the house and was sooooooo excited when it was all finished.  This was a serious, clean the walls, steam-clean the floors kind of clean.  Sometimes I get in those moods.  When I was all done, and finally let the dogs back in the house, Wesley decided that his new favorite place to pee is on his dog bed, so I was back to steam-cleaning the floors.  I hated him for a good hour.  Then I let him sleep on my bed.  Despite all this though, the house still looks preeetty beautiful. 

This one was a big help.

This is my the new music corner I set up in our bedroom since I've been playing guitar lately.
I have reorganized counters now.
After all of this cleaning, I was still feeling pretty domestic so I decided I would try to learn to crochet.  I don't like to sit still very much but I have a problem with reading where I will stay up all night and will neglect all other aspects of my life until I finish a book.  I read the entire Hunger Games series on our honeymoon.  So far, crochet is a good hobby for me because it's painful enough that I can put it down when I need to, but I still feel like I'm accomplishing something when I'm just sitting around. 
This is what I'm practicing on.  If you look up close you can see the the first part looks BAD!
By the end though, I was starting to get the hang of it. 
I'm pretty excited to actually make something.  I think this might start a new trend.  My next project though, is to trim this guy's hair.  I don't think he can actually see anymore...that might explain some of his issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment